Sunday, April 12, 2015

Why Blog?

I can (and have) come up with many reasons not to blog...


  • I hate to write - I would rather do 25 math problems than write a one-page paper
  • It is scary to be open and honest about a struggle you are facing
  • People might judge me for what I write
  • People might think I am looking for attention/sympathy
  • No one will read it anyway (I guess that solves the above problems!)
And the list could go on and on.

BUT, there has been one reason I keep thinking about over and over as to why I should start a blog - maybe it will help someone else.  I have been reading through The Purpose Driven Life with a friend, and we just came to a part that talked about how God brings trials into your life so that you will be equipped to help others.  As a Christian, I believe our biggest purpose in this life is to help others in whatever way we can.  So my hope is that I can reach even just one person and give them encouragement in whatever their struggle might be.  

Plus, without our now dear friends sharing their story (This Family's Journey), we wouldn't be where we are today.

This blog will mainly be about our journey to and through adoption and eventually about life as a family of 3!  Miki will be doing most of the writing (even though Tyler is much better at it!) and many of the posts will be about things that have already happened (because I am such a procrastinator!).  Again, our goal in this is to tell our story in order to give hope and encouragement to others who might be facing this same issue or even a completely different struggle.  



No comments:

Post a Comment